Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

July 29, 2010

I really should be studying.


(I know I should be studying hard now. But your brain comes up with posts when you least expect it. And life, well, its kinda getting on my nerves…and I guess its somewhat the tone of my post too…I want a VACATION. NOW! Coz I’m not even getting time to marshal my thoughts..)

So more randoms from my side. Deal?
Here we go.



It seems like a radiant light is washing over me as I step into that surreal place flanked by here and beyond. I vigilantly step over that threshold. It’s beckoning me. It seduces me with its luminescence and creates a delusion of purity. It makes me speculate my beliefs. Every time I feel that I’m special. I think I’m beyond what I think my purpose is. To reach the light. But we all know that the light is a big sham. Everything lies. The light. The night. The world. That’s what we cling on to. Lies. We clutch on to it desperately even though it blatantly mocks at us. It never ends, does it?

Lies. They are like the soothing balms for the rotting wounds in our souls. The gaping wounds created by us when we lied to ourselves bout how great we are. Guess we are no special snowflake. Although we do wish we were. Then again, if everyone is special, who actually is? There you see, my friend. We are all a part of that dog pile.

So once again, all those beliefs that we have of ourselves, all those notions of brilliance we have, are they really what we think they’re worth? Do they really matter? They don’t. I don’t matter. You don’t matter. Nothing matters.

We are born. We live this life. It starts to get on our nerves. We wish we die. Then we do die. Then…NEXT!

So what do you think your life is? Green? Blue? Pink?

No sir. Sorry to dishearten you. Guess you’re just a side-effect of a dreadful acid-trip. Enjoy while your life lasts. And remember to ask for a refund when you go up there!


(P.S---- Sorry guys...I know I haven't been quite regular off late. And I'm sorry I haven't been visiting your blogs either....Lots of catching up to do...I'll try to be more regular once I'm done with my exams...
Keep Blogging!!)


(P.P.S--->  On a happier note!! I finally got 100 followers!!! And my sweetheart doing the honor of being my 100th! Thank you so much everyone! )

33 Mississippi:

Lady Whispers said...

wow u speak so direct in the face and i love ur writes for that!

Seriously if we cd get that refund :P

So true life is like that...It goes on and on and the only truth to it is that one day its over and notin matters!

Killer Drama said...

By jove , well written

and are any exams coming up? all the best, do well and all that jazz!! ehehe

i love that widget on the side, so cute!

HaRy!! said...

rant before exam...!go study :)... well anyways my life is green i think... hmm wat to say!

Pooja said...

Every time I sit studying my mind comes up with new ideas to write, an irresistible urge to start scribbling in my diary! :)

At time if we just stand and observe the world around us, everything seems so vast, so surreal,that our existence does seem negligible. That's when we question the purpose of our lives.

The Enchantress said...

loved d definition of lies by you....truly fascinating...

for me lie is blue...soothing,deep and life giving...

Meher said...

That was a very well written post.Liked it a lot.
besta luck for your exams.

Shantanu said...

Wow.. That was fabulous Sonal..!!
"Lies. They are like the soothing balms for the rotting wounds in our souls. " ye line bohot achhi lagi.

N which exam are u gona appear for?? thik se karna. tension nahi lena.
"hand shake" :)

Harsha said...

refund?? do we get them?? lol..

i wud say my life is anything other than pink..

btw, is studying a lie too?? i always thought it was useless and still do..

Sh@s said...

It happens with me too when am busy preparing for exams or busy trying to meet my deadlines my grey cells get activated and my brain gets bombarded with some brilliant ideas and thoughts.

Splurgerina said...

Lol @ the ending..seriously as of now at least I deserve that refund!!!

Guess you're having exams..best of luck with them..and yeah you get the best ideas at that time..I always made a list of all the "creative" things I'd take up during the summer after my exams were over but when they were actually over..I would just sleep right through it!! :P

Pesto Sauce said...

I too never felt like studying during exams

Sudeep said...

When you look at human life in that angle, it's really tough to understand what life is all about. well written. nice style of writing

ranjith boyanapalli said...

Hi Pavitra,

Mind nominating one of your works for our contest ?

http://www.facebook.com/buytheprice?ref=ts#!/notes/buytheprice/zingo-contest2-poetry/137007646339339

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

there is a saying about exams, and I agree to it...
when the book opens in front of my eyes, everything else is interesting. Even starting at the wall is exciting.

For me, I think of new posts. New ideas flood in.

Pavitra said...

@ Scribbling Girl:
Hey thank you so much dear...yeah...wish we cud get refunds for the bad parts!
:)

Pavitra said...

@ Dips:
Hey thank you so much sweetie! Yeah exams coming up in 2-3 days...
:)

Pavitra said...

@ Hary:
Yup! Rant before an exam!! :D
Thanks!!

Pavitra said...

@ Pooja:
Yeah...I feel that too...when I just stand still and watch life going on all around me...
And my aesthetic senses come alive during exams!

Pavitra said...

@ Nikita:
My life I guess is Green...
Thanks dear! :)

Pavitra said...

@ Nikita:
My life I guess is Green...
Thanks dear! :)

Pavitra said...

@ Meher:
Thank you so much dear!! :)

Pavitra said...

@ Shantanu:
Bas college exams hai...have to do well to keep my grades up...coz its a very crucial year for me...
Thanks a ton!!

Pavitra said...

@ Harsha:
I guess studies is a lie too...hope exams are substituted some day...I wish we could just learn and go to the next level...why write these horrible exams..?

Pavitra said...

@ Shas:
Yeah...grey cells go wild during exam time! :D

buckingfastard said...

haha!! loved it!! nah!! no refunds up dere i m sure...we r byproduts of cosmic shit!! may as well get wasted before our life turns into a waste

Harsha said...

Holy Cow! You just quoted what I had told one of my teachers once.. atleast the last part.. :)

Pavitra said...

@ Splurgy:
Thank you so much dear...Yup! Even i plan so much for my time off....and then I sleep through it...and repent later on...when i have exams! hehe..

Pavitra said...

@ Pesto Sauce:
Hehe...the mind just rebels against the necessity to study right??

Pavitra said...

@ Sudeep:
Yes, its really unpredictable...and its never what you think it is.. :)
Thanks!

Suruchi said...

Wow...that was strong n unapologetic pavitra!
“side effect of a dreadful acid trip”...haha...
And the refund....ya rite!
Remember to remind me when we meet up there;-)
All the best for the exams:-)

sulagna said...

oyee pretty red shoes waali ladki..how are the exams going..inne deep thoughts waaley post during exam time??? look at the talent you have girl..awesome!!

Pavitra said...

@ ranjith boyanapalli:
Ohh...I'll see which one to...
Do visit more..
Cheers!

Pavitra said...

@ Anonymous Someone:
Yup! Even the walls are interesting... :)
And ideas keep flooding in...