Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

October 31, 2010

The 70s!



Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky


-Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix)



I dreamt about watching Hendrix play live again. It’s the second time this week.

And now, I can’t help spending my day whining about how it’s unfair that I’m born too late to watch him play and curse the people who did get to watch him at the prices they got this chance for. Ride the rickety buses they did. Sport the funky hairstyles or the lack of them, just like they did. . Live in a place where underwear is voluntary and protest rallies looked like a kissing conventions. I’d rather have a beautiful flower behind my ear rather than a bluetooth headset that makes me look all fancy while I converse loud to myself on my way to college. I’d rather go and watch a band which sucks and goes crazy on stage and pass out with exhaustion rather than live in a world where every kid on the block buys himself a guitar coz its cool and then watch the sad event of it being a complimentary item in the following year’s garage sale. A world where typecasts were identified by the quantity of pot they smoked or the kind of band they played in.

Honestly, being born in the wrong decade can make you really ungrateful towards the world around you. Not that I don’t love this world! I really do. I am happy. But I rather wish that I was writing this post in a journal rather than on a page that isn’t made of paper.

Coz…you know! Seriously.



20 Mississippi:

Vagabond said...

oh that too. but then as i think of it. if not of this age, then i wouldn't have had a chance to read this! =)

Lady Whispers said...

Love of the 70's.....sigh there was so much....we have become more like the gadget generation rather than the revolutionary crazy generation they were.....life was rebellious tough and yet so different.....sigh to wishes :)

buckingfastard said...

ahh dont u wish the world got stuck in the 70's and we would see music taking birth in front of our eyes...

beatles growing old but still staying young...and night concerts of led zep sneaking out frm home...

Rooj Siddiqui said...

Sigh. I have always wanted to be there in the 70s, there was so much..

Pavitra said...

@ not anyone you know:
Hey that really sweet of you...Thank you so much dear! :)
Take Care!

Pavitra said...

@ Scribbling Girl:
Yeah. It was such a care free time...
Nothing ever mattered.. :)
Sigh.

Pavitra said...

@ buckingfastard:
You're so right! I'd love to live in the world of the beatles....led zepellin.... and pink floyd just taking birth.... :)
It would have been amazing!

Pavitra said...

@ Nostalgic:
There sure was. They had a wonderful life! :)

Harini said...

I love the 70's but then again thinking of giving up all this seems impossible.

Pavitra said...

@ Harini:
Yeah. It sure does seem impossible!
:)

rantravereflect/ jane said...

:) old world charm- thats y i love johnny depp n the beatles n bright colors.. btw, if ya like vampires n old world, get a mix of teh two on vampire diaries :D

mohit said...

aah..... times of revolution always seem alluring... I'm sure u'd miss out on the things that make times good today..

cool post tho

Pavitra said...

@ rantravereflect/ jane:
Hey...me too! Depp----> Hot!
Beatles----> Immortal...
And bright colours---> Always!
Still have to check out vampire diaries though!

Pavitra said...

@ Mohit:
Yes, there are so many things today which makes me glad I'm a part of this generation :)
Thanks a ton!

Rià said...

Aah wudnt it be awesome if there was a time machine to take us back to that era.

Pavitra said...

@ Ria:
Yup! It would be so awesome! :)

DISGRUNTLED GENIUS said...

Ah the 70s. The era of classic rock and some really good Hindi music with soulful lyrics. The music scene has defintly gone bust today. Except may be Evanescence, U2, LP, Poets of the fall n coldplay plus 2-3 more.. no band is worth '50 cents'.

Good to find a Hendrix fan. They are becoming fast extinct.. like our tiger LOL

Jack said...

Pavitra,

Got lead to you from your comment. Read all current posts. Rebel streak is what you have. Nice changed Jack and Jill story. Blah Blah, I agree on many points. Choices, you brought out valid point about suicide but still I will say NO NO to it. Forever Love was so touching. We always say GOOD OLD TIMES.

Take care

Pavitra said...

@ Mayank:
Hey good to know there are more of me!! Thank you so much...Yeah I agree and my playlist is full of Evanescence, LP, Poets of the Fall songs.... :)
Thanks for visiting...do come often!
Cya...cheers!

Sh@s said...

70s.....interesting time.
Thank God we have youtube now, atleast. Can see some of the things there.