Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

July 4, 2010

Nostalgia...


I’ve got nostalgic pavements,
I’ve got familiar faces,
I’ve got my mixed-up memories,
I’ve got my favorite places….

Time doesn’t mature us. Our memories do.
::Memories::
I guess that’s why we cling on to them so securely coz they last forever (Well, if you’re lucky, that is)..
They are like a mirage; So self-satisfied with its own beauty, they make you question its very essence.



Close your eyes. Think of your most beautiful memory. Drown in the nostalgia that envelopes you.
Smile at the plethora of sensations you feel now.
It may be the touch of raindrops against your palms,
Or you playing hide and seek with your imaginary friend,
Loads of laughs and giggles….and then a sudden silence…
A rather comforting silence. Coz you know the silence is going to be followed by a fresh round of giggles..
Don’t open your eyes. Let it all sink in. Transport yourself into your memories.
::Feel::



Don’t let nervousness or even advice take away the originality in you, your individuality.
You are your first responsibility.
:: Fulfill::



Pain is beautiful, if you let it contact your core.
For a body doesn’t feel pain, it only feels change, and interprets its aversion of the new into melancholy, if only physical.
Make love to your pain, but don't flounder.
Grow above your pain, but don't disregard it.
Dance to rhythm of your heartbeat, for you'll yearn for it when it's about to run out.
::Live::






There is just one truth, is the only truth.
Accept the certain fragments of it that you shy away from, for they reside a little away from your comfort zone.
Prices will soar.
Gadgets will malfunction.
Your heart will, at some point, (though I hope I'm wrong) break.
The neighbor’s lawn will be more maintained.
Your car will break down on a rainy day.






You will grow old,
And when you do,
All you will have to smile back at,

Even if that means revealing those fake teeth, intensifying those wrinkles and letting your nostalgia hold you tight till you breathe your last,
Are, your memories.
A reality, that was.
A reality, and just that.
A reality, even if it survives only in your dreams.
A reality,
so self-satisfied with its own beauty, it makes you question its very essence.

37 Mississippi:

Harsha said...

I have got to say just one word.. HYPNOTIC.. No make it two.. HYPNOTIC and MIND-BLOWING.. no no.. make it three.. BRILLIANTLY HYPNOTIC and MIND-BLOWING.. this was just and exactly the post i wanted to read at a time like this.. feels so good.. Hats off and a standing ovation for u.. :)

Pavitra said...

@ Harsha:
Hey thank you soo soo very much! I'm honestly flattered by your words! I'm glad you liked this so much! :)
Cheers!

Harsha said...

did i mention MIND-BLOWING?? :)

HaRy!! said...

i dread going old..... those words were placed nice and wow!

Shantanu said...

Boss you made my ill day, got refreshed with this line "Time does not mature us, memories do."
How thoughtful is that.!! I have not yet read complete post coz couldnt resist putting the comment as I feared of skipping it thru memory.!

Will read it completely and put more comments. Thanks. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful
Can relate totally..!
You have a great blog as well.
Keep shining.

Pooja said...

Dat made such a nice read!

Truly, it's our memories dat make us wot v r... :)

The Enchantress said...

it was an awe-inspiring post dear...u have brightened up my day...it looks all wonderful.
thanks for following too :)

anamika said...

Time does not mature us but memories do...uff I think you placed my thoughts into words here.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Following you:)

Pavitra said...

@ Harsha:
Yup, you did! ;)
Thanks again!

Pavitra said...

@ HaRy:
I dread that too...But I don't want that to stop me from doing what I want to do...
Thank you so much!

Pavitra said...

@ Shantanu:
Thank you so much...You know, this is something that keeps me going...My memories....Its something I treasure the most...
Thanks a ton!!

Pavitra said...

@ Strawberry:
Thank you so much sweetie! Do visit again!
Cheers!!

Pavitra said...

@ Pooja:
Thank you so much dear...It does make us feel better about ourselves...Its like company on a lonely day...
:)

Pavitra said...

@ Nikita:
Thank you so much darling! I'm really glad you liked it so much!! I loved your blog sweetie! :)

Pavitra said...

@ Anamika:
Thank you so much for your kind words...Do visit more!
Cheers!! :)

Scribblers Inc said...

Good blog, awesome writing and brilliant snaps...all of em merge almost ceaselessly...its got an overall gothic feel in certain regions, something that sort of separates it from turning into a random 'emo' blog...keeping this place is extremely tough and YOU, me pal, are doin a great job!!:)

wishes
Scribblers Inc.

Pavitra said...

@ Scribblers Inc:
Hey thank you so much for that big dollop of praise! :)
You described it perfectly :)
I'll try my best to keep it in tune!
Cheers!! And thank you for visiting...Hoping to hear from you again...

SG said...

Nice post. I am reminded of a song by Barbra Streisand titled "The Way We Were". First few lines go like this:

Memories
Light the corners of my mind
Misty watercolor memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were

Cinderella said...

I cannot remember the last time I read something and it made me think, and reflect and identify. And at the same time, brought me a strange kind of comfort. Like someone put a torch light inside my heart and read a hymn.

I am glad to have hopped in here. Rather I should thank you. Thankyou.

Shantanu said...

@Pavitra: Yes, very rightly said about memories.!! Just finished reading complete post. You know what I felt, like "ya, I have always felt this, but was never able to give it the form". You truly captured those emotions and brilliantly prsented in words.

Along with this, I liked the Happie, Dreams, stuff on the right side.

As always you Rock..!! :)

aqua gurl said...

nice space !

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

so true, but you know, there is one more thing that I think I enjoy more than dwelling in my memories.

It is looking at other people when they laugh while dwelling in their memories.
It feels good, really, to smile for someone else's smiling.

your post completes a whole circle called life, and is short and sweet. True indeed. :)
Regards
Blasphemous Aesthete

Pavitra said...

@ SG:
Oh! I've never heard of the song. But the lyrics are really nice..
Thank you so much! :)
Take Care!

Pavitra said...

@ Cinderella:
Thank you so much sweetie! Thanks for visiting :)
Glad you liked my post...
Do visit again!
Take care!

Pavitra said...

@ Shantanu:
Thank you so much! Glad you loved it! Yeah, all my favorite lyrics on the sidebar! :)
Cheers!

Pavitra said...

@ aqua gurl:
Thanks dear! Do visit again!

Pavitra said...

@ Anonymous Someone:
You are absolutely right... It gives you great joy in looking at someone else's happy memories and being a part of them...
Thank you so much for you wonderful comment! Do visit again!
Cheers! :)

Sovina said...

very beautifully written and very thought provoking..definitely brings back lot of good and bad memories..following you now :))

Somak said...

Nostalgia is the only thing that makes even the most bitter experiences seem half sweet. Good job

Splurgerina said...

I actually spend a lot of my time reminiscing and reliving all the moments in my head..for some reason everything is more clear then..your feelings are so much more intensified when you think in retrospect..you laugh more, you cry more..you even get hurt more!

lovely stuff, as usual! food for thought! :)

Pavitra said...

@ Sovina:
Thank you so much for your sweet comment! thanks for following!
Yeah, memories (bitter or sweet) make you feel really glad you have them! :)

Pavitra said...

@ Somak:
Yeah, Makes you laugh when you think of all the stupid fights and makes you cry when you think of all the times you laughed together... :)

Pavitra said...

@ Splurgy:
Yeah, I too spend a lot of time day-dreaming...thinking about the past and all those memories :)
Makes me feel really nice!
Thanks sweetie!

Readers Dais said...

beautiful thoughts pavitra.

Pavitra said...

@ Readers Dais:
Thank you so much!! :)

OxyG3n said...

WHOA! WOW! Oi Vey!OHH! SWWEEET!
I can only exclaim at these wonderful thoughts Pavitra...
Cant express how I feel in words!