Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

June 21, 2011

Silence




And thus, it begins.
Out of the blue, like passing a homeless person on a street who doesn’t ask you for your money.
Arising from the spaces linking our fingers, where we conceal all our secrets.
It draws me in deep. Then it immediately pushes me away.
The frosty winds came too early, this year.
Plenty of birds dying in their nests.
We gazed at stars and peeked at fireflies.
Everything was painted the colour of silence.

She licks her lips again, slowly this time. The droplets of sweat that were present are now the salt on her tongue. My eyes are glued to the ebb and fall of the dice she wore around her delicate neck.
Her eyes blinked to the beat of leaves falling from the tress, becoming one with the earth.

She doesn’t utter a word. Not a single one. Just keeps me waiting.
Testing my patience.
Please say something. Anything.
Nothing.
Cross me off that list of yours and name this our last kiss, I say.
She laughs out loud. Bloody hell.

I turn around and walk away to find a new her.
I leave because she is too gorgeous.
More than anything, I leave because I love words too much.

And it is tough to be in love with a mute.

20 Mississippi:

The Enchantress said...

btfully written...<3 <3 <3 <3

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

It is heart breaking when you don't talk when you are most required to. Loving a mute face is really, really tough indeed.

Beautiful write up :)

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Suruchi said...

very beautiful Pavitra,
silence and the lack of it....both are so needed at various points and both when not there can so break a relationship...
loved the closing lines the most:-)

samecookiesdifferent said...

so cute :D
share the feeling
visit <3
www.samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

Lady Whispers said...

Wow what beauty you have in ur words dear :)
Muteness when silence kills is like killing at time ...but then sometimes thats how love is :)

U wrote it amazingly :)

Pavitra said...

@ Nikita:
Thank you so much dear!
Cheers!!

Pavitra said...

@ Blasphemous Aesthete:
Yeah it is heartbreaking when there is silence when you need words the most... And it sure is tough to love a mute face...
Thank you so much!!
Cheers!

Pavitra said...

@ Suruchi:
Thank you so much sweetie! You're right....silence and the lack of it are equally important... And not getting either can be chaotic to a relationship...
Cheers!!
Hugs!

Jack said...

Pavitra,

Reciprocation nourishes a relationship. Very nicely projected.

Take care

PS : I have a feeling I had left a comment on this one as well as previous one earlier but did not see those. So I have left fresh ones on both. Awaiting your visit.

Pavitra said...

@ samecookiesdifferent :
Thank you so much!! Keep visiting! :))

Pavitra said...

@ Scribbling Gal:
Thank you so much sweetie!!
Yeah....silence does have the capacity to eat into your life...
Do visit more!!
Cheers! Hugs!!

CATGIRL !! said...

last line just caught me a breath short... i expected a farewell line or sumthing,,,dunno


Nice blog outlook and interesting write-ups. I write on relationships mostly as well as some funny stuff.
I hope u can be a follower if u like my blog? Don’t forget to comment please !!
The Emotional Lava
Best of Luck for ur blogging.

The Poet said...

In a relationship, there is good and bad silence. The good silence is the comfort when no words are necessary. The bad silence is the negative stuff that will eventually wear the relationship down. One cannot love a mute face.

Nicely done & thanks for spending time at my blog.

Pavitra said...

@ Jack:
Thank you so much!! It is true...reciprocation is very much necessary...

Ohh...I haven't received any comment before this...Maybe some technical glitch...Thank you for commenting...I'll be visiting your blog soon!
Cheers!! :))

Pavitra said...

@ CATGIRL:
Hey! Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment...I'll visit your blog soon...
I'm glad you liked the post..!!
Do visit more! Cheers!!

Pavitra said...

@ Andy:
Hey thank you so much!! Silence is required in a relationship...but receiving silence when you require words the most can be really painful and frustrating...
Do visit more...
Cheers!! :))

Sorcerer said...

Beautiful piece of writeup.
:)

Pavitra said...

@ Sorcerer:
Thank you very much!! :))
Cheers!

Jhon said...

Very nice & very informative blog. I like this information, you have done fantastic job.It will help a lots of people.Great Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!

Shades of Grey said...

Loved it !!! LOVED.IT.