Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

May 22, 2012

Wet, Wash, Dry.......Repeat




You tell me you are leaving me
Over coffee and finger food
It’s the time of the year when
Everything is cold and wet and white
And then we stop seeing each other and I spend most of my time being sad
I try to be invisible
Keep out of your way
While you roam the streets with your arms around the chubby waist
Of a pretty girl with an obnoxious voice and
Straight brown hair with little waves at the end
You look happy but she doesn’t seem your type
Maybe she smells nice
I run into you over
The coffee shop
Where you’re laughing
With your pretty but loud new girlfriend
Wearing you navy blue shirt
And I’m still wearing my midnight blueness
Smile awkwardly at you and leave
And go to a bar and drink
Loading shots one after the other
Till my feet are wobbly and I can’t fake my accent anymore
You call me a few days later
On a Friday night
Your voice guilt ridden
The radio plays a familiar tune
You have split up with that stupid girl
With straight brown hair and waves at the end
For reasons you quote are ‘mutual’
But I know you’re just bored of
Her once intriguing suburban ways
And you ask me to meet
Over coffee and finger food
But it’s the beer that brings you to my place
And we know it is a bad idea
But we’re too drunk to acknowledge it
And we laugh and laugh and laugh
And as I breathe your deceitful breathe,
I wait for three more months
Cause the same story unfolds before me,
Wet, Wash, Dry….Repeat.


(Sorry guys! I know I haven't been writing much. I'll try to be more regular from now on. And I'll catch up with your blogs soon. Missed you'll a lot..! Cheers!)

15 Mississippi:

Biya said...

awwwww it was sooo heart touching :)

Jack said...

Pavitra,

Nice to see you back. Touching poem showing helplessness of a girl who is in love. Hope it is fiction.

Take care

Zeebs said...

I don't like that unruly process. I hope it stops somewhere :)

Pavitra said...

@ Biya :
Thank you so much! :)
Cheers!

Pavitra said...

@ Jack:
Great to be back!!!
Thank you so much....Yeah it is a fiction :))
Cheers!

Pavitra said...

@ Zeebs:
Me neither...but wherever you look, its always happening...
I too hope its stops...
Thanks!
Take care n cheers!

Jay Ferris said...

Daaaaaaaamn.

That is all.

Rià said...

Great fiction...glad its not true.

sulagna said...

wow girl !! this was real real good stuff ! i mean seriously..his navy blue shirt and my midnight blues !

buckingfastard said...

wet, wash, dry...god u shud get these words copyrighted..so i can "borrow" them from you...beautiful...too much of angst that almost flowed poetically...like fire

Ire said...

Hope you are doing well and do update please!

muthu said...

Good one. Quite enjoyed it. :)

Queenmatrai said...

My first time here
You are a wonderful writer

Jack said...

Pavitra,

Worried now. Please let us know all is well.

Take care

viddhi said...

very well written! heart touching indeed! :)