Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

May 12, 2009

Maybe we are all just Earthlings...


Hey guys! After a long era of exams, I’m finally free with two whole months of vacations (Aww! I love my life!). Anyway, my idleness got me thinking about various things and eventually I got thinking about relationships.

Well, there are so many kinds of relationships- those which give a kick to your life, the old and familiar ones, the exotic ones, the ones which take you far away from where you started and those which pull you back to the starting line. And in this roller-coaster of life, if you find someone you love, then isn’t life fabulous?

When you were a child, life was all about having fun and playing pranks. Now that we are adults, we have turned into more cautious and careful beings. We think before we take that giant leap in life. Sometimes, we even refrain from taking that leap because there is no one at the other end to catch us. Well, I guess life was never made with a safety net. When did I grow up? When did life stop being fun and start being scary?

So, coming back to relationships, I realize that maybe women don’t always have to be tamed by men. Maybe they are just meant to run free. And one fine day, they might run into that man who would calm them, or someone just as wild to run with them (I’m lucky to be here!). Maybe all men are drugs. Some get you to calm down and the others get you so high, there's never coming down again!

I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it! Are there some women put in the world just to make you feel bad about yourself? You know, the prim and proper ones, who strut their way to perfection, while I stumble my way. Sigh…

I'm thinking balls are to men what purses are to women. It's just a little bag, but we feel naked in public without it! (Lol !)
As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the could’ve, should’ve, would’ve, strap on a pair and just keep going!

We like to think our problems can be blamed on a failure of interplanetary communication. Maybe men and women aren't from different planets as pop culture would have us believe. Maybe we live a lot closer to each other. Perhaps, dare I even say it, in the same postal code! I guess it's easier than admitting we’re all earthlings, and we haven’t a clue. Lol ! Think about it…..

19 Mississippi:

Freelancer said...

hmm....being a gal is complex

Anya said...

haha.. i first thought its gonna be a male bashing post.. finally you ended on a balanced note..

liked it

:)

lol at some lines bads-purse :)
chriz

LazyKing said...

great post,
relationships are the most interresting part in our life. And I agree with you when you say men and women live in the same postal code and we're not Venus and Mars.
PS: The comparaison of men with drugs is true indeed and funny. I never thought about it, lol

Pavitra said...

@freelancer:
You are absolutely right! :)

@Chronicwriter
Nah! I thought I had enough of male bashing! Mebbe later :)
thanks a lot!

@LazyKing:
Hey thanks a lot! Glad you agree with my temporary opinion! Lol!

Anonymous said...

You're so right. I wish there was some man who could tame me. Unfortunately, they're usually too lame for my interests. :( Also, most men do not really have balls, they just pretend to.

Arv said...

Have a lovely vacation :)

take it easy and enjoy life :)

take care... cheers...

Anurag said...

Baaah ...I wouldn't want to think about it ...Your exams over ...Why would you want to think about it :D
Think about it say 6-7 years later :P

btw both the men on drugs line and the purse and balls line were hilarious :D

Barry said...

I always thought it was women who were like drugs?

Maybe we are just from the same postal code?

DPhatsez said...

Enjoy the hols!
This is like a prelude to 'Men are from Mars and women are from Venus' :)

"Balls are to men what purse is to women"

Now that's a punchline!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

"Are there some women put in the world just to make you feel bad about yourself?"

Yes there are. The ones with their hair in place while I'm running out of my house chewing on a piece of toast and trying to fix mine!

Pavitra said...

@Crow:
Maybe you'll find someone as wild as you are... :)

@Arv:
Hey thanks a lot..!

@Anurag:
Yeah...I admit its a temporary opinion..! Thanks anyways..!

@Barry:
I guess it goes both ways...

@DPhatsez:
Haha..! Thanks a lot..!!

@Ki:
Yeah I agree on that too..! :)

Arnab Majumdar said...

Interesting way of looking at relationships, especially between the ones of the opposite sexes. Reading this put to mind two stories that I published on my blog, about relationships. Do read them when you get the time... Real Platonic Cup of Coffee, and The Big C. You might like them...

Cheers, and keep blogging...

neeraj_only said...

the 'saga' is to be discovered by us...many claim to have discovered the unknown territory :P

loved your take on boy-gal relation and how they complement each other.

deluded said...

if that was a punchline,

you KNOW where the punch was directed.

;)

Serendipity said...

When god made man, SHE was only kidding. ;)

Carl said...

Well I found this to be kinda in tune wit ur post....

"Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship."
Oscar Wilde

vinny said...

WOW! lolsss so many!
n extra lol at the comments here..hehhee..too much really!

Preeti said...

oh !! i agree so much to it ...we are all same and yet different ..


first time here ...those red shoes got me here ...and your writing will make me come again .:-)

Americanising Desi said...

relationships are my survival need!


i see you following me on http://eternitycallsus.blogspot.com

i am pleased to announce that i have moved!

please note the new url:
http://whenhekissesher.wordpress.com/2009/05/18/the-end-of-innocence