Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

August 22, 2011

Blur



Heart, thumping like a conga drum,
From the flight of stairs I climb,
Two steps at a time,
Head still tipsy from
That last deceitful drop
Of caffeine, gone cold at the bottom of the mug,
The flavor of solitude and desolation,
The smell of an open door
Shuffling feet and settling,
Sound of the slow fan, its bent blade,
My spiritless symphony,
The wait is over. It’s my turn.
Tearing my eyes out of the waiting room magazines,
Goodbye half brained beauties,
Dragging my feet,
Blurry letters and continuous questioning,
I find it difficult to breathe sometimes, I say,
She hides my face with a picture of a house,
Bricked walls and red roof,
My chins on a plastic machine,
A prescription for fake tears,
At the price of two fags,
She places a glass in front of my eye,
I look like a freak show clown,
In a carnival, during off-season,

She asks me,
Do you see a home?
Its red roof and brick walls,
I say I see a house,
Am I blind?
Please say yes.

10 Mississippi:

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Don't know if it was intentional, but the concatenated words in the post bore a close analogy to what you wrote 'two steps at a time'.

The post is beautiful and you need no prescription :)


Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Suruchi said...

my god-i read it twice already and still feel i did not get all that you want to say here...so deep and intertwined is the flow and a tad disturbing is the state of the protagonist!

a great expression as always:-)

Lady Whispers said...

You weave your magic once again sweetheart <3
I say I see a House

Wow the ending just said it all :)
Beautifully expressed <3

suvaiba said...

Of caffeine, gone cold at the bottom of the mug,
wow... amazing description...!
cherrz thats all i can say..!
keep writing
dasvadaniya
suvaiba.!

Jack said...

Pavitra,

Feelings of someone who lost touch with reality weaved into words so well. Am I right?

Take care

Pavitra said...

@ Blasphemous Aesthete:
Thank you so much...
:))
Cheers!

Pavitra said...

@ Suruchi:
Hey dear...
The state of mind of the protagonist is a bit disturbing....made me feel a bit uneasy after i wrote it...
Thank you so much sweetie!!
Cheers!

Pavitra said...

@ Scribbling Gal:
Thank you so much dear...I'm glad you liked it...
Cheers!!

Pavitra said...

@suvaiba fatima ahmed:
Thank you so much...I'm so happy you liked it....Do visit more often...
Cheers!!

Pavitra said...

@ Jack:
Yes...you hit the nail right on the head...
The protagonist feels out of touch with reality....cannot see a home in a house...
Thank you so much...
Cheers!!