Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

June 23, 2010

Love me...




Love me, like a virgin cigar,
Burn for me, like a match you strike to incinerate,
Bleed, like the cut you just picked the scab off,
Hear me out, like the sermon given by the priest of a church you want to bring down,
Sing to me, like the silence screams its symphonies,
Find me out, like that angry reply on the tip of your tongue, but too vulgar to speak loudly,
Play me, like the game you’ve stopped playing coz of the lack of desire, not skill,
Grasp me, like the verses of a language you’ve never heard before,
Breathe me, like the air which is diminishing every minute,
Crave me, like a touch, so evanescent,
Taint me, like the truth, which never was, and in no way will be,
Talk to me, like that eccentric concept of yourself in the mirror,
Doubt me, like a cheap copy of myself,
Defy me, like the law you’ve made to keep yourself sound,
Judge me like the blemish you’ve hidden, even from yourself,
Miss me, like the desert yearns for the rain,
Regret me, like shattered time,
Erase me, like a verse that doesn’t rhyme,
Hold me, like a tree grasps its mature fruit,
Single me out, like that single drop of water that quenched your last flame,
Follow me, like that shadow in the obscurity,
…And, soar with me, into the sun, the light of which will never be enough to brighten up your world!

22 Mississippi:

Harsha said...

"Doubt me, like a cheap copy of myself"

ha ha ha.. very clever.. :)

nice blog theme but i liked the one u tried out yesterday or something..

Pavitra said...

@ Harsha:
Haha... :D
Yeah that theme was good...But it was giving problems...Something regarding the feed...
Thanks a ton!! :)

Shantanu said...

this is so much Passionate Love or Passionate in Love. Another awesome creation Pavitra.

I would have added this one:
"Read me like, Pavitras' creation
u always crave to soak in." dnt mind.

Pavitra said...

@ Shantanu:
Awww.. thats so sweet of you! I loved the line you've written...and I'm honestly flattered!
Thank you so very very much! :)

Shantanu said...

:) u r welcome.!

Pavitra said...

:)

Girl Who Believed In Angels said...

loved it

Arjun said...

Wow. I thought of picking out lines that I liked, but the list got too big. Some of them were like- Woaahh.. :)

Lovely!!

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Pavitra said...

@ A Girl Who Believed In Angels:
Thank you so much dear! :)

Pavitra said...

@ Arjun:
Hey thank you so very much for you kind words! Glad you loved it! Keep visiting!!
Cheers!!

Killer Drama said...

woohoo nice!

and awesome template , rocks rocks.

Pavitra said...

@ Dip:
Thanks sweetheart!! :)
Mwah!

Readers Dais said...

Hi! Pavitra,

nice one,
the depth of love is very much portayed through your lines

Pavitra said...

@ Readers Dais:
Thank you so much!
:) :)

Miles Of Style said...

you are insanely talented!!

Pavitra said...

@ Persis:
Thank you so much dear!

Splurgerina said...

Beautiful as usual..my favorite line was "Erase me, like a verse that doesn’t rhyme" ..very original! By now I'm not at all surprised by your ability to write amazing poems..but Shantanu??? That little addition rocked! :P

guyofthe90s said...

have been observing your works ! insanely beautiful ! your choice of words and sentences are jus too amazing...u really are a great author material !

Pavitra said...

@ Splurgy:
Hey sweetie!! Thank you for that big fat spoonful of praise! :)
Keep visiting! :)
Cheers!

Pavitra said...

@ guyofthe90s:
Hey! Thank you so very much!! I'm really glad you loved it! Keep visiting! And, I'll surely let you know if I do decide to write a book!
Cheers! Take care!!

Suruchi said...

Hi Pavitra...
I know the poem goes out to a man...
But what the heck...WE do love you too:-)

Adorable lines of hearing out like the priest,
Singing like the silence....
Finding out like that angry reply...
Tainting like the truth...
Doubting like the cheap copy...
Judging like the blemish...
And the beauty of expressions go on n on...:-)

Outstanding similes!
Only you could have done this!

Pavitra said...

@ Suruchi:
Thanks a ton dear!! I thought I'll try my hand at similes for a change :)
Glad you loved it!! Thank you so much for all your lovely words!! :)
Cheers!!