Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

June 17, 2010

The Terrorist.



It’s astounding to see the uncanny resemblance between an ant trapped under an upturned glass and us humans trapped under the hex of own ignorance.
We get scared…we run as fast as we can…only to bang into glass walls…
This sightlessness is not the sickening part..
The lack of sickness is.

You say that grenades and slaughter mesmerize me.
You think that bullets piercing through flesh give me a rush.
A sick, abnormal rush.
But I say, nobody is innocent.
They die coz they are destined to.
They could have died crossing the road.
But its better that they do so my way.
At least now, the government can stare at their inefficiencies in the blood of ‘innocent’ cadavers.

No, I’m not another government-disapproving fag..
I am not being numb. I’m not insensitive.
I’m sad for all the lives that have been lost.
I sympathize with the relatives who have lost their loved ones.
I do not understand the pain the others go through.
Not until I feel it.
Coz my pain is far worse.
Coz every time I survive, I have another opportunity in this world that bleeds ignorance.
And it’s true, the frustration of ‘wanting to but not being able to die’ is far worse than dying itself.
No I’m not a maniac who is suicidal.
Death causes no pain.
In fact it’s the liberation from all pain and sorrow.

We all are going to die.
So why fear it..??
Why cry or be sad bout it..??
Why get scared of the inevitable..?
If you think you’re gonna live forever, you are hoodwinking yourself.
There is warfare every day : chemical, biological, emotional..
Why do you blame terrorists then..??
We kill someone everyday with our words…
We fire with our actions and intentions..
I’d prefer being shot and bleed to death than being betrayed into death.
We choose to be sick, ignorant people.
There is a terrorist in us.


And for the few fake saviors among us,
We see them on the news..
They claim to be our next door neighbors…
But if I don’t get a chance to meet them,
I would like to say,
“You think you’re doing great by fighting terrorists,
But what about the terrorist within you..?
You cannot run from yourself, can you?”
You might move around in bulletproof jackets and cars,
Stay in tightly secured mansions,
But what about the wounds inside you, that sickening void..?
I know you acknowledge it.
I know you wish that you had been shot by a terrorist you fought against before..

I will die one day too…
And we will finally meet above…
And we will talk…over coffee…
We will talk about sports and politics..
And how wonderful our coffee is..
And how it’s the right temperature…
Of course it will be.
It’s been brewed over the corpses of the innocent…

20 Mississippi:

Carrie Clevenger said...

I loved the raw qualities of this. Rage against the dying of the light, only to discover the darkness resides in ourselves. Good work.

Pavitra said...

@ Carrie:
Thank you so much sweetie! I loved your interpretation of my post in a single, lovely line :)
Cheers!

Splurgerina said...

"We choose to be sick, ignorant people.
There is a terrorist in us." - I love this line! You manage to amaze me with your words every time! How long does it usually take you to write one?

Pavitra said...

@ Splurgy:
Thank you so much sweetheart...Glad you love it!
Well, it takes very less time to come up with the theme..As and when I get new ideas, I keep improvising until I'm finally satisfied with the outcome...So that could mean few hours to days...
Anyways, take care dear..
Cheers!!

Harini said...

We choose to be sick, ignorant people.
There is a terrorist in us.

Loved the above lines :). Do vist me sometime :P.

Opaque said...

The rawness, the harsh truth told without a veil.

Harsha said...

Awesome post.. The Terrorist in us is a brilliant line and gels with the flow perfectly.. nice flow of thoughts.. i wud like to read more such posts..

btw, did u by any chance speak with Obama recently?? :p

Pavitra said...

@ Harini:
Thank you so much dear! Glad you liked it!

Pavitra said...

@ Opaque:
Thanks a ton!! Take care..
Cheers!! :)

Pavitra said...

@ Harsha:
Haha...Yeah I had lunch with him the other day ;)
Thank you so much dear...
Take Care..
Cheers!!

Shantanu said...

I liked the very last paragraph very much. Agree, the terrorist within us, Raavan. But somehow I find it difficult to agree with the rest.
eg. "They are destined to die" , ok agree. But how is it justifiable for him to kill them? let them die their way. there are many more examples, the space would be suffocating.

Otherwise, its a good work. Like it.

Pavitra said...

@ Shantanu:
No, its not justifiable to kill them...My character in the post is a terrorist...but for a completely different reason...Religion is not always the reason for terrorism...
Thank you very much! :)

Shantanu said...

ok. :)

Pavitra said...

@ Shantanu:
:)

Miles Of Style said...

this is awesome writing!

p.s dont forget to check out the giveaway contest on my blog.

Persis
http://www.onestylemile.blogspot.com/

Pavitra said...

@ Persis:
Thank you so much dear! I'll surely check out the giveaway! Keep visiting! :)

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

Hmm you definitely are a very deep thinker. The resemblance you pulled out is astonishingly true. And scary.

Sovina said...

hey
stumbled upon your blog from somewhere..just wanted to say that ou have a great great space here..i will sure be back for more..Keep rocking.

http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

Pavitra said...

@ Tamanna:
Thanks you so much dear! :)
keep visiting!

Pavitra said...

@ Sovina:
Thanks a ton! I'm glad you love it!! Keep visiting..!! Cheers! and take care!