Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

June 23, 2009

What has bollywood come to?

It’s been about 10 days since the multiplex strike has been called off. But just when the Mumbai crowd seem to heave a sigh of relief, they are treated to two disaster movies- Kal Kissne Dekha (which I have not watched coz I don’t even like the title of the movie) and Paying Guest. Talking about paying guest, I was one of the courageous people who went to see the movie. I was also one of the first people to leave the theater during intermission. But the movie does serve as a good bait for all of us to wait for the big movies to come out (I hope they do well). The comedy is pathetic, although a few scenes in the first half an hour make you smile (Just smile). The rest of the movie makes you feel run over by a car again and again and again. The movie tries to compete with the sleekness of Dostana, but never manages to come even close to it. The comedy is forced on to you and it looks like the director and the actors struggle to make you laugh. The dialogues suck and so does the music. To cut a long story short, this movie makes you pay for getting bored. Hope someone breaks the bad spell of movies out lately.

6 Mississippi:

Carl said...

hmmm... guess transformers 2 shud bring a huge smile and lots of wows when it releases... :)

Aniket Thakkar said...

I am with Carl. Am not having high hopes or any for that matter with Hindi movies. But Terminator Salvation, Transformers 2,UP, G.I. Joe (This would be shabby but I owe G.I. Joe's a watch for all the fun I had with their toys :D). Lotsa good english movies coming. Me happy!

Anurag said...

Go and demand the price for your ticket :P

Even though I know new-york hasn't released but still I would wait for it instead of watching these pathetic movies :P

Anonymous said...

Coool....thanks for this review yaar....:..I planned fr Paying Guest..You Rescued me..sick of these Low Comedy crap movies..!

Waiting fr Newyork..Hopes high..!

Let us see how it hits us...

Arjun said...

yeah... :)

Its been very boring with no movies around nowadays....

Its been ages since i've been to a theatre...

Hope the big ones are better .. :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

muthu said...

haha...

that reminds me of the time my frds and I came out of the theater even before the interval ---

Can U guess the movie--

It s an abishek bachan & priyanka chopra flick...

A super hero flick-- whatever that is.. :X