Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

April 20, 2010

You are never too old...!




Dream……dream big! You are never too old to dream a new dream.
Isn’t that a beautiful statement?
But why do people belittle themselves so quickly?
When you see someone dancing or playing the guitar….
You picture yourself before a live audience…you want to be a star…
And then the voice in your head takes over….
You start to think….
“If I were young now, maybe I could learn to dance and play.”
But now that you are older…..you give that dream away…
You curse your childhood. You begin to repent…
You promise yourself with all solemnity,
“My child will (has to) achieve all this for me!” You are hell-bent!
Why can’t you just stop for a minute and think….introspect...
Wake up….you are not dead yet!
And believe it or not you can still learn now….achieve more that you expect…
How old is old..?? 20? 40? 80? Why the sudden necessity to be all grown up?
Get rid of that oldie in you…
Crack a dirty joke….blow some bubbles…
Steal cookies….get into trouble….
Splash in the rain….Be a li’l insane…
Who said you’re too old..??
Get that idea out of your head….
Dream your dream and go for it…..
Coz if you don’t, you’re already dead….




8 Mississippi:

Somak said...

I once heard this quote on a TV show, don't know where its from. it goes : "Being young is an accident of time, youth is a permanent state of mind"
This is one idea I'll try to follow all my life.

Suruchi said...

Hi Pavitra...
Sooooooooooo inspiring...
And so me in most of the lines...
I always believe that one is never too old or never enough young...
We need to live up each moment for it is never coming back...

You express so well, what I truly feel n advocate...
Live it up...live life queen size;:-)
N yup...size does matter here;-)

Bullshee said...

Hello Legs!

If cracking dirty jokes counts as retaining youth, then I'm a toddler, I am...

By the way, did you hear the one about the soldier who got blown into bits during the war???The one who wanted to get married....??? :)

Pavitra said...

@ Somak:
Lovely thought....I'm going to follow it whatsoever...!

@ Suruchi:
Me neither...be a child at heart...live is more fun when you do so! Thanks dear!

@ Bullshee:
Haha...I can vouch for that ;)

muthu said...

Spontaneous....

Heart warming.. :)

Pavitra said...

@ muthu:
Thank you so much!! :)

Harsha said...

i stuck my thumb in my mouth while reading this post.. :D

i am gonna refer this post to all of my friends who say they are too tied up..

Pavitra said...

@ Harsha:
:D
Thank you so much..!